Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Irish Chicken and Dumplings

Hello Bloggers,

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR It is cold outside!!

Tonight I come to you with a recipe that will warm your soul!!! Goodness knows I couldn't resist it when I saw it and was needing something warm and yummy for dinner.
A couple of weeks ago I had bought a chicken- only because it was on sale and I thought "I have never tried cooking a CHICKEN!!!

So I started by boiling the chicken in a pot of water with salt and pepper to taste. I would recommend cooking it for 1-1 1/2 hours. The chicken will literally shred when you are done with it.
Once the chicken is shredded add that to the crock pot with the following ingredients:
1 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

1 can of chicken broth


3 cups water

1 cup chopped celery

2 onions, quartered

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
 
5 carrots, sliced


1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas

4 potatoes, quartered
 
Cook this till it is a rolling boil. This will probably take 2 hours.
 
While the soup is cooking mixture together the dumpling mix from Bisquick. When the soup is boiling drop in the dumpling mix in and let it cook for 10 minutes.
 
Enjoy this yummy recipe!!

No comments: