Many children have taken baths at my grammie's throughout the years and typicall from ages of birth to 4 they take them in her kitchen sink. It feels like just yesterday we were giving Madeline baths in the kitchen! Over the holidays while everyone was home my aunt, cousin Caroline and I were itching to give Harper a bath in the sink. Even though she was probably a bit to small for it we went for it and I was able to snap some new pictures of it!
Last week Harper and I took a road trip and picked up Madeline Jane (my goddaughter) so she could come stay with us for a few days before the rest of my family got into town for Christmas celebrations!
It was interesting going from 1 to 2 little ones in the house event though there was a five year difference between the two Joey and divided and conquered!!! I guess that is the strategy when you move from 1 to 2.
Madeline was such a great help with Harper. She would sing and talk to her when I was busy doing something, She loved helping give her a bath, and became the Paci Patroller whenever Harper dropped her Paci.
We spend one of our days making Christmas Cookies! We didnt get to everything on our list but we tried!
Thanks for visiting us Madeline come back again soon!
A few weekends ago we headed back to Joe's hometown to celebrate Christmas with his family in Albia. It was a great because the majority of the family was able to be there but sadly we were missing a few!!!
The house was full of little kids running around, sports on the tv, talking, laughing, cooking, and of course a few babies crying.
Enjoy the pictures:
Nana getting her cuddle time with Harper
Joey's cousin's little girl Sydney meeting Harper for the first time
Crying Cousins- makes me laugh
All hanging out together!
Adam and Kendra cheesing it up for the camera while Steve sleeps away
My love and I
Jerzey tearing through the presents!!
It was a great time to see everyone!
The other weekend we headed up to Des Moines/ Albia area for a fun family packed weekend/ Thursday night we arrived in Indianola to spend the night with Joeys dad and stepmom Tammy. Friday Tammy had the day off so we went to the mall Jordan Creek, to do some shopping. Joe's dads surprised us and took of the afternoon and met us at the mall. Everyone was pretty excited for Harper first meeting of Santa!!!
Getting ready for her big meeting with Santa, Harper's thoughts: "I wonder if he will like my outfit?"
Life has been so BUSY lately. I am trying not to let all the running around, here and there, unpacking and packing, etc. to stress me out.
So our little girl turned two months old week ago and I am just posting about it now, better late than never right?????
She had her 2 month check-up last week and here is some info:
Weight: 10lbs 25% She is a bit under weight but her pediatrician isnt worried about it.
Height: 23 inches 90%
Our little girl is smiling away and it is one of our favorite things about parenthood. She follows us around the room with her eyes and isnt keen on tummy time!
She sleeps like a champ she usually goes down around midnight for the night and wakes up between 645-715ish for the day!
Harper is currently in her 3month clothing but will start to wear her 3-6 month clothing soon with her long legs! Packing away the newborn clothes made me a bit sad!
I cant believe it has already been 2 months!! We are so excited for the holidays!
With Christmas right around the corner it is time for the Haluska family wish list!!! Yup Harper, Joe and I created out list the other night and I thought it would be great to feature some of the things we are hoping Santa leaves for us!!!!
Joe's Wish List
Nike LunarEclipse+ Shield
Joey's favorite type of coffee!
Running Stroller all for Dad and Harper
Baby Bikini- she will be needing this for our FIRST family trip in March
Car seat mirror so Mom stops poking her head around at me!
Books I love listening to a book be read
Baby Bullet- I plan to make most of Harper's baby food so this will come in Handy!
Workout clothes-this momma is getting back in the swing of things! (isnt that a strange pose on the model)
A shellac manicure set! I love painting my nails but hate when they start chipping!
Hope you had a great weekend!! Harper and I are in Heaven with Joey home all week with us!!
For today's post I have something that really caught my eye on PINTEREST
They are the 10 Commandments a child has for a parent, a great remider of the importance of our job.
A Child’s Ten Commandments to Parents
1. My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely: don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I’m only little such a short time—please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement, but not your praise, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.
9. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
Rather than me going on and on about Harper girl today I thought I would post some pictures
Yup I just posted a picture of me with spit up and bags underneath my eyes- this is motherhood. The baby bjorn is fast becoming one of Harper's favorite things along with momma's since it helps me move around the house and get things done!!!
Out for dinner on Dad's birthday. Yes we took our daughter out to a semi formal dinner and she did great and we loved walking to the car under all these pretty lights.
Dont worry Wrigley is still getting lots of attention ( please excuse the pile of laundry behind Joe)
Sleep is CHERISHED by all 3 of us
Baths are another favorite of Harpers and she loves when I get in with her which happens often.
And finally. . . . .
Watching bad reality TV in bed with mom and dad By the way guess who is home with us for the next 12 days??????????????? Joey
Hi I'm Erin!! I married my Mr. in 2010 and love having the title of Mrs. In 2011 I recieved another title of Momma when we welcomed our daughter Harper to the world. Hearing my daughter laugh, sipping diet coke and pinot grigio, and traveling with my hubby are just a few of my favorite things!