Thursday, July 21, 2011

Belly Reads

Good Morning,

This morning I have some reads for you all about the BELLY (pregnancy that is) These were great finds that were given to me by another momma and I am so grateful for them!!!!

First Up:
What To Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff
In my opinion this is a staple, must have, consider it your Bible for first time pregnancy. This book has been next to my bed throughout my entire pregnancy and I am very grateful for it. It had been the reassurance when we haven't know what something is and the foreshadowing of what is coming out way! I loved this book it is an easy read and breaks down every month by week to week. If you are expecting or know someone who is this is a MUST HAVE!

Secondly:
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

Let me first say prior to becoming pregnant I wasn't into breastfeeding, What do I mean by this? Well I wasn't breastfeed and turned out fine and it wasn't something that I thought about doing in my future. First up I didn't like the idea that the father or other family members couldn't enjoy the process of feeding the baby. Secondly I didn't like the idea that I wouldn't know how much milk the baby was getting. With this being said when I became pregnant things CHANGED! I wanted to give my baby the very best and the very best is to breastfeed. Breastfeeding isn't easy and there are sacrifices you have to make but in the end when you know you are giving your child the best this makes it so much easier to rationalize the idea. For me this book does an excellent job in explaining the benefits, the process, and aids in different issues that may come up.

Third:
Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy

Who wants to laugh!!! This book was a great afternoon read one day when Joe and I were at the beach. The great part about it that is written from a very REAL perspective on things that occur when you are pregnant. Joe and I got a kick out of reading the chapters! Jenny is sure a comedian even when it comes to pregnancy.

Fourth:
Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
When deciding what type of labor and birth I wanted I knew I wanted to go natural because it was the best for me as a momma and the best for the baby. Many don't know what a TRUE natural birth is. A TRUE natural birth is when you don't have any medicine such as pitocin, epidural, or any other pain reliever and don't use intervention in delivering the baby. This is my ultimate goal and this book really helped prepare me for the reality of what I was aiming for. If you are interested in a natural birth this book is an amazing read that will empower you as a mother to be!

Finally is a DVD

An amazing documentary how about childbirth in the United States. This documentary takes a look at childbirth how it has changed over the years, why certain things are done in hospitals, and the rights of all parents to be. Did you know that the United States has the second highest mortality rate for maternity and infant death? Scary right, same thing I was thinking. Check it out for a eye opening perspective on the topic of childbirth.
Tomorrow: Baby H update!

No comments: