Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Big O

Good Morning Bloggers,


With this weather today all I can hum is "Rain Rain Go Away" But who doesn't like a rainy day every once in awhile.

Today's post is all about THE BIG O

OPRAH

Do you watch OPRAH? Do you know that today is the last episode after 25 years???? If you haven't heard for the last 2 days they did a farewell spectacular show for her with many stars surprising her like Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Maria Shriver, Aretha Franklin, Halle Berry, Beyonce, Will and Jada Smith, Josh Groban, Rascal Flatts, and many more.


Joey asked me last night "So what's the big deal with Oprah ending?" I of course had to share the long standing history I have had with OPRAH. When I was in fifth grade I started walking home from school. The grade school was only one block from our house so I didn't have to venture far. I would walk home, get a snack, call my mom and let her know I was safe and sound and then I would turn on OPRAH. Over the years I have watched many OPRAH episodes and have enjoyed every minute. Chicago will miss this legend for sure but I think OPRAH will miss the City that has embraced her with open arms as well.

Cant wait to see what she has in store in for her final show.
Thank you OPRAH for all the memories.

No comments: