Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wanna Try Something New???

Greetings,

Well I am hear to report that the hubster and I have so far completed our dining in commitment- Yes I know it is only January 4th but it makes me laugh to think that we are 4 days strong! ha!

Tonight I have two different things for you. One will have you drooling and heading to the kitchen, the other will have you day dreaming and party planning.

Any guesses?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well I received a subscription to Cooking Light for Christmas and it has been an immense help in planning out our meals

The first meal that I tried from the January subscription is the:
Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca
- Sorry for the small picture (this is why I want to become more techy on my blog)
4 chicken cutlets ( I used chicken breasts)
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 fresh sage leaves (I used Basil leaves)
2 ounces very thin bacon or prosciutto
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
Lemon wedges(optional)

1. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt. Place 2 sage or basil leaves on each chicken breast. Wrap bacon or prosciutto slices around the cutlet.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to the pan, and swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan;cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm
3.Combine broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil  to the pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken and pasta.
Calories 202
Fat 75 grams
Protein 305 grams

Let me know what you think of this recipe???

Next up
I want to tell you that I debated about posting this but I figured how could I be so greedy and not share with all my loyal readers and followers, so if you win instead of me I expect a one week trip every winter and fall to see you.


This is the HGTV DREAM HOME 2011 they give this a DREAM HOME away every year and this is the 3rd year that I entered so I figure 3rd times a charm Ha HA HA
Lets get some details on the house it is located in Stowe, Vermont
Just thinking apples in the fall, beautiful colors in the summer, snowy peaks in the winter!! Doesnt it sound wonderful

You can enter to win the house at HGTV.com and frontdoor.com twice daily and there are 44 days till it ends so get clicking. If you love to look at houses ( which I DO!!! ) take the virtual tour of this home.

To top off this sweet deal if you win you get $500,000

Best of luck to you and if you win remember where you saw this at!!!
Well Bloggers I have a big day tomorrow of dress shopping with my dear friend so stayed tune for pics!!!

No comments: