The past two weeks have been very busy with WEDDING stuff, making stuff for the OOT bags, planning our bachellorette/bachelor party, tastings, floral appointments, etc!!
And what fun it has been. Today I received my shower invitation in the mail and it hit me like a ton of bricks. . . I AM GETTING MARRIED.
Now it wasn't in a bad way but in a GREAT way!!!!
At first when I started writing this blog I thought I would do snapshots of the projects I am working on but I decided to post the below list. I found this on a fellow bloggers site and it moved me so much I forwarded it to Joey and we discussed over dinner. If you are getting married it is a great read, if you are married an even better one.
What does it take to have a great marriage:
- Make time to get away with your spouse and fully talk through your issues without attacking each other.
- Simplify your life so that you have time for what is REALLY important (not hobbies, meaningful time together)
- Romance takes time and effort. Force yourself to think of creative ways to express your love for one another.
- Confess your sin, arrogance, and selfishness before the Lord who made you and gave you one another.
- Set aside time each day for a meaningful discussion with your mate.
- Live each day as it was your last with each other-one day it will be.
- If your spouse died today would you spend the rest of your life feeling guilty because you allowed the small things in life to separate you?
- If your spouse died today, would they go into eternity knowing how crazy in love you were with them?
- If your spouse died today would your conscience be clear that every disagreement between you had been worked out with mutual forgiveness?
- If your spouse died today could you say that you never kept anything from them? Would you be completely guilt free and face the rest of your life without regret?