Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pickles and Pink

Are you wondering what this post is all about??????

Well I am doing a combination. One of my co-workers had an abundance of cucumbers and they were huge. I was lucky enough to receive some of them and I needed a way to use an abundance of them. So I decided to try my lucky at making homemade refrigerator pickles. Here is a tutorial of how I did it and the recipe. FYI- I am a pickle lover!!!!! I tried my hand at doing this blog like a tutorial style because I plan to be doing more of these types of posts come September!!! More on this at a later date.
First step- slice the cucumbers up and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of salt, stir and let sit for an hour. This will create a coating on the cucumbers. While this is happening dice up a green pepper and half an onion. In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar, pepper, 1 tablespoon dill, red onion, and green pepper. Stuff the cucumbers in the jars, pour liquid mixture into the jars, cap, shake and refrigerate.

This is the final product!!! These pickles are good for 2-3 weeks!!!!!! This fall I do plan to do more canning next up Strawberry Pineapple Jelly!
Now on to the Pink part of this blog, with the wedding fast approaching I decided to show you the wedding room. This is our room downstairs and it is FULL- PACKED FULL!!!!! It is going to be great!! it might not seem like alot when it is all boxed up but get ready! It is going to WOW you!!!!! Thanks Wedding Fairy!!!!Candi





No comments: