Tuesday, October 2, 2012

An Awesome DIY Cleaner

I must admit something right now on this blog. . . . I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT CLEANING MY HOUSE! I procrastinate and wait till I know I am going to have people over, or guests are coming over and then I do a mad scramble to clean and organize. This always creates stress in my household and I don’t like it at all. So, going into the Fall season, I decided this was something that was going to change in the Haluska household. I decided to try a cleaning schedule and sticking to it is a MUST!!!!
 
With this new cleaning regimen on the agenda, I started realizing that cleaning supplies are expensive and not the best to have in your home with a little girl that is very mobile. The search was on to find some great useful DIY cleaning recipes, and I must say that I hit the JACKPOT!
 
I have never liked the tile in my main floor bathroom, it always looked dirty to me and no matter how many times I scrubbed it with my Swiffer it never really looked that clean. Until the day that I went to the dollar store and stocked up on cheap toothbrushes, baking soda and water.
A scrubbing party started, and I was literally amazed at the difference that these simple, household items could make.
 
Kitchen/Grout Cleaner Recipe
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
4 Tablespoons of water
Mix these ingredients together, and you can use a sponge or toothbrush to clean your surface.
Here is a picture of a row of the floor that has been cleaned, a row that is about to be scrubbed, and the untouched portion-HUGE difference right?
 

No comments: