Monday, March 1, 2010

The Countdown has Started

Well if you dont know this I am a FANATIC about St. Patrick's Day.

Every year since I was a little girl my mom has made St. Patricks day a very special tradition in our home. When I was little we would decorate the house in green and shamrock lights!!! On the actual holiday I would wake up to a special breakfast, gifts, (typically a new green top) mini freen foorprints, and as I got older an occasional day off from school to spend with her!!!!! And even an occasional trip to downtown Chicago to see the green river.

Now as I am older I still dearly CHERISH this day. I have bits and pieces of Ireland always around me. (If you cant tell I am almost 100% Irish) On my desk at work I have Ireland mini flags. On a shelf I have the St. Patricks statue with the Irish prayer, I have over the years collected many Irish tshirts, and home decor for this special day.

All this month I will be including some fun Irish facts and pictures and of course all the celebration that I take part in.

I encourage everyone to get in the mood with some GREEN !!!

No comments: