Tuesday, September 15, 2009

J'adore COOKING

I adore cooking!!!!!!! I am a big fan of the Food Network, cookbooks, allrecipes.com
(a great resource for recipes by every-day cooks), and testing out my new explorations on family and friends. I thought I would feature some of my favorite cooks from the Food Network and their style of cooking so if you are interested in cooking as well you will know who to follow(that is if you aren't already) Also I am featuring some recipes that are staples in my recipe box.


First of all some of my favorite people from FOOD NETWORK. . . .


Paula Deen, she is my go-to-girl with down home cooking that literally feeds the SOUL! One of my favorite things about her is that during her cooking shows she samples her food, which I completly emphasize with!




Next up, Giadia De Laurentiis (dont you just love her name!!! If I could pick any other name I think I would steal her's.) Her show features Italian cooking and entertaining. I love watching her shows to see how she features different meals and serves them to her guest! Very unique serving and she sets up great centerpieces as well!



Now on to some of my favorite recipes, if you are a cook and have some great recipes as well send them my way I love to try new recipes!!!
Frozen Fruit Salad
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 can frozen orange juice (6 oz)
1 can frozen lemonade juice (6 oz)
2-3 bananas
can of crushed pineapple
1 bag frozen strawberries
( you may also add frozen blueberries, mandarian oranges, raspberries if you like)
Bring sugar and water to a boil and then add everything else, pour into a pan and freeze
Vegetable Pizza
2 cans cresent rolls
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 pkg. shredded sharp cheese
Dice the following veggies:
-tomatoes
-broccoli
-cauliflower
-green pepper
-carrots
Spread the cresent rolls in a 9 x 13 pan (you may need to pinch the seams) Bake according to instructions on cresent roll packages.
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and taco seasoning. Spread this over the cresent rolls once they are cool.
Sprinkle diced veggies and cheese on top.
Chicken in Wine Sauce
1 can mushroom soup
1 can diced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white wine
Chicken Breasts
Place the chicken breasts (6) in a 9 x 13 pan
Mix together the soup, mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine and pour over chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Cook 1 1/2-2 hours at 350
I hope everyone enjoys!!!!

1 comment:

sue said...

Great entry Erin. I am so excited to see the frozen fruit salad. I am assuming this is also the one that Grammie makes so I finally have the recipe!! The girls will love that I have it. Keep up the blogging:)
Sue