Friday, October 7, 2011

38 Weeks

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!!

You read the title right I am 38 weeks along and cant believe it!!! Let me clarify that for you I am very HAPPY, EXCITED, and THRILLED to be this far along and wake up every day wondering if today will be the day.

First I must say that this picture is gross, it was taken right before I went to bed so no makeu. wth my hair on top of my head. But I had to document this as we near the end. Dont you love Wrigley hanging out in the picture too!!!!

What's Going on With Mom This Week: I am feeling good for the most part. The hardest part about ever day is night for me. I just cant seem to get in a good rhythm of sleeping but I think that is pretty normal for this stage of pregnancy. I also can tell that I have dropped! Which is a good thing.  I had an appointment with my midwife this week and she did have some news for me, I am dilated to 2 centimeters and 70% effaced. So what does this mean? Well it means I could go today or I could go on the 19th. I am really glad though that I am starting to show the beginning stages of labor. I am planning on walking alot this weekend to help things along and keep them moving in the right direction.  Joey and I are really excited and anxious for the baby's arrival. This weekend we are planning on doing some fun things together to cherish our last days of a family of 2 that will soon be 3!!!!

What's Going on With Baby H This Week: With only 2 weeks left in utero, all systems are ready to go. To finish getting ready for this his or her close up baby has a few last minute details to take care of, like shedding that skin protecting vernix and lanugo. And producing more surfactant which will prevent the air sacs in the lungs from sticking to each other when the baby begins to breath.

Baby, fetus at 38 weeks - BabyCenter

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I just love that Wrigley had to be in the picture!!!!