Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Very First Mother's Day

It is hard to believe but I celebrated my very first Mother's Day a few weeks ago!!!

It was the perfect day.

Not because I had a trip to the spa.

Or a new purse

It was the perfect day because I have an amazingly healthy, bright, sweet daughter!!!

Motherhood is an ever evolving role that changes from moment to moment. At times I doubt every decision I make for my sweet Harper girl. The other day a few moms were telling me about water that you should use when making bottles for the baby. Here I am 7 months into motherhood and I have never heard of this. AHHHH How could I of not known about this? Then there are moments when Harper smiles, cries, or looks at me that I feel this incredible pull like there is an imaginary string between us that only the two of us know what is going on and what each other is thinking.

I have dreamt and prayed for so long to be a mother and here it is. At times motherhood is overwhelming for conflicting reasons. At times my heart feels so much love it could burst and at other times I feel like I am juggling so many balls in the air that at any moment they are going to come crashing down.

My very first Mother's day was perfection. The weather was beautiful. My husband spoiled me with breakfast and as the cook in our family that is a TREAT! Along with breakfast he greeted me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They are still in my house and I have so enjoyed them because every time I look at them I think of my MR. After breakfast we went for a big walk along the river. It was wonderful. Out sweet family of 3 is the perfect fit! After our walk we headed out to lunch where we sat outside and soaked up some more sunshine! After lunch back home we went where we headed outside in our newly fenced yard and had a few cocktails for daddy and mommy and some playing in the water for Harper girl! After that Harper and I took a big nap!

Thank you Joey for such a perfect day! You bless Harper and I with your work ethic, endless love, and care everyday.

                                                              Harper and I along the river
Our family of 3

Harper and I soaking up the sun! Yes I swear I have a bathing suit on it is just funny looking the way in the picture!

My sweet girl

Harper trying a natural fruit posicle and she loved it!