Monday, December 6, 2010

A Festive Weekend

Hi Blogland,

Tonight I am blogging about our weekend in downtown Chicago, IL!! We spent this past Saturday there with some of my family ringing in this very special season of Christmas!

I wish I would of had my Christmas but we were in such a hurry when we left that morning to catch the train I forgot it. Whoops! I guess I will have to be very descriptive in my writing.

Friday when we arrived my mom had a very special surprise waiting for us, my sweet Caroline was behind the Christmas Tree!! To my surprise she was going to have a sleepover and go downtown with us on Saturday.

Saturday started off my boarding the train with mom, grammie, poppy, Caroline, Jim, Karen, Joe and I boarded the train and headed downtown. I love riding the train!!! It never gets old and supplies me with great people watching. I am hoping the train initiative from the Quad Cities to Chicago will still go through but I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

When we left the train station we loaded up in a taxi and off we went to Michigan Ave. We had lunch at 676 which is located in the Omni Hotel. We were able to get a window seat so while we ate we got watch all the shoppers. After lunch we headed out to the streets to shop and look at all the beautiful decorations. If you haven't been to Chicago during the Christmas season I would highly recommend it because it is gorgeous with all the lights and beautiful window shops, it truly inspires and ignites the Christmas spirit.

After some strolling we headed to the John Hancock building. We took the elevator up to the 93rd floor to enjoy a beverage and to take in the spectacular view. This is where I really wish I had my camera because the view from here is so energetic. The view is of the lake, navy pier and all of downtown. After this we took Caroline to see Santa at Macy's. They have a hug scene set up and she was thrilled to do it!!!!You may be wondering what a 1st grader wants, a guitar!!! I love her spirit. After this we headed to the train station and headed back to Naperville.

It was a great day and we all decided that this would be a great tradition to begin.

Hope you are all having a great week so far!

No comments: