Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's Next ?????

Greetings,

Is Summer really almost over??? I am going to try my best not to think that it is over but that the beautiful colors of fall leaves, pumpkins, and pie baking in the oven is on the way!!!!!!!!
With the wedding approaching fastily I have been asked a questions alot lately and it is
" What are you going to do with all your free time after the wedding?'

Well this answer is a two parter!

First- This blog is going to be my family blog, I am going to have it so family can stay up to track with what is going on with us and to be able to see pictures. I am however in the process of creating another blog and I am hoping that anyone who checks this blog out will start checking out my new blog. My new blog has a clear vision and purpose and I would love to share more with you about it but I want to wait till the big unveiling of it. I am thinking probably the last week in September. Any guesses of what it may be about?????? I would love to know what everyone is thinking.

Secondly- I am going to make one of my dreams come true. . . . . I am putting pen to paper and writing a book. It is a children's book and it is an idea that I have had for a very long time. I have an outline currently done and am now working on the page-to-page dialogue. (this is a literary term for children's books) Trust me I am learning. I would really love to share with you the idea but I have been advised to keep my ideas to myself. I will however be updating this blog with updates of how it is going. After I have the book completed, the next step in the process is to start looking for a literary agent. I know some literary publications in Chicago and Des Moines and hope to contact them. On this note, I have to give my Aunt Karen a big ROUND OF APPLAUSE and CONGRATS she just finished her children's book and it is fabulous!!!!! It is for the third grade reading level and it is absolutely brilliant. We always knew she was a great writer and I am so proud of her for doing this. Karen you are a true inspiration!!!!!!!

I also wanted to let everyone know that next Wednesday will be my last day of blogging till August 25th. I am taking this time off to soak up all the wedding festivities!!!!!!! Don't worry I will blog about them to all of you.

Lastly- I want to encourage anyone who is a follower of a blog to join as a follower on blogs. No I am not saying you have to become a follower of my blog if you are reading this right now, I am just encouraging you to because people who blog spend lots of time and energy to do so and if you get enjoyment from reading one it is a great way to show your appreciation.
Have a great day!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! I'm not sure if you even remember me, but we used to work together. I actually found out that you had a blog because I've been reading your friend's blog. All of a sudden, I scroll through her pictures and there you were!

I'm so happy to read about your upcoming wedding! Those are such exciting times and I love that you're taking a "blog break" to enjoy the next few weeks.

Also, congrats on working on a children's book. I actually just finished my first novel and am working on the second one. I have some writing resources (writer blogs, agent blogs, etc.) that I could share with you if you'd like.

-Tracy