Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Books Books and More Books

I have been an avid reader FOREVER. My mom read to me all the time when I was little and I can remember her making the chatacters come alive with different voices. I also can remember laying in bed reading with her on a snowy day or reading on our screened in porch on a rainy summer day. Neeedless to say as I have grown up books have always been in my life. When I was a teenager I read lots of series books like Judy Blue and the American Girl Series. As I got older novels became my passion and one day I hope to write a children's book and a novel.
I thought I could give everyone an update on the books I am currently reading and have just finished!

THE SHACK

This book has been on the bestseller list often in the past year. I have heard people go crazy over this book and others that said they just didnt get it. I had the book for quite awhile before I got to it. THe first 100 pages were the hardest for me. At page 75 I called my mom and said I couldnt read anymore but she told me to keep on going. I would suggest this book if you are looking for something different, edgy, and hopeful.

LUCKY
Recently I started a book club with some fellow girlfriends of mine. The idea is that everyone gets together at the person who picked the book that month for discussion, snack and chit chat. I was lucky enough to be the first to pick. I had previsouly read the book The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and thought this story would be a good starter since many of the clubers had read her first book. I will update you when I finish with pictures and review from our first book club get together!

THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE
One of my bridesmaids(Hi Kendra) gave me this book this past weekend when we were together. I had been telling her that I wanted to read it and she was gracious enough to supply me with a copy. I started it on my Sunday Drive home. I am only on the second chapter but so far I really have enjoyed it- it challenges the mind!!
SECOND CHANCE
By now you have to be saying how do you have time to read one more thing right well this is what is waiting on deck. I recieved it from my mom awhile ago and as soon as I finish this I moving on to this one. Jodi Picoult is a divine author and this book is about the supernatural!
I want to hear from you bloggers, what are you reading???? what would you recommend???
Next Blog: JOJO's Birthday Party

1 comment:

Kendra Dawn said...

Glad you like the book...it will come in handy months/years down the road...TRUST ME!! :)