Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Good Morning Bloggers,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Wasn't the weather glorious??? I am so thankful that the weather was beautiful and the showers stayed away. We had a great weekend, the only downside is that it went way to fast!!!!

Saturday started the day with the 5K race in Geneseo. This race was in honor of my friend's baby who passes away when they were only 3 weeks old. It was a beautiful celebration of life. Joe and my mom ran in the race!
                                                Poppy and Grammie watching the race with me.
 Mom and Joey coming up to the finish line. Joe is in the black mom is in the baseball cap and white t-shirt.
                                           The Mr. feeling good after crossing the finish line.
The racers after they finished!!! Way to go, I was so proud of both of them, they made great time!

After the race we headed into the cities  and dropped mom off to get her haircut. Then the Mr, poppy and grammie and I headed down to the Farmer's market. It was a wonderful day to be by the river and to enjoy all the vendors. Some of my favorite vendors are the flower bouquets, homemade sweets, fresh dried pasta, and of course all the produce. I picked up some beautiful plants, asparagus and orange colored peppers.
After that we picked up Mom and headed to late lunch at one of our favorite restaurants.

Sunday I decided to do a brunch for the some lovely ladies. My mom, grammie and and aunt!!!!!! The menu included:
Apple Pancakes
Egg Casserole
Fresh Fruit
Homemade banana bread and cranberry orange.

                                                           The table
 The flowers were so fragrant, Lilac is one of my favorite so I was able to snatch some of my grandparents tree.
It was a wonderful time to be together and  celebrate the special day honoring the Mom's.
Joe even surprised me when I got home with a little something from him and baby H
Have a great Monday!

No comments: