Thursday, March 3, 2011

CHANGES

Good Morning Bloggers,

Hope you  are doing well!!!! Today \'s post is an update on our lives here in Davenport, Iowa. Some changes have been occurring and I think it is time to share them with all of you!

Joe has worked for the past 4 years at KJWW Engineering Consulting firm and has enjoyed his time there. That is also where our relationship began in many ways. My mom the matchmaker came home and told me about this handsome great guy named Joe. Months later I would meet Joe at their annual Christmas Party and weeks later I would receive an email that opened the floodgates. Besides being the foundation for where r Joe meet me he also fostered many great friendships at KJ through the years with other engineers. A while back though Joe was offered an opportunity that he couldn't pass up at Exelon which is a nuclear power plant in Cordova, IL as a manager of a mechanical engineering department. With much prayer and discussion Joe decided to take the job with Exelon. He has been there for a few weeks and is getting his feet wet with much knowledge.

For me there have also been some changes on the horizon. Due to legislative reform and changes within my department I have decided to take a new position at the Rock Island Arsenal. Towards the end of the month I will begin working at the Child Care Facility teaching a Pre-K program for 4 years olds and developing supplementary curriculum classes for the facility as well. I am really looking forward to my position their. With me education in early childhood education and passion for children I think it will be a great fit. Besides teaching  I will be doing some freelance writing for ehow.com and an event planning consulting firm. More to come on the event planning on a later date.

Change is always hard at first but we feel that these changes are the right ones and are pleased with the outcome!  Have a great Thursday!

No comments: